Monitor traffic statisticsEach Tiny URL has its own page for viewing traffic stats. No link to remember and no registration required, but you need to check mark "Log stats for this URL" when you create it. To bring up the stats page just add a tilde sign to the end of the Tiny URL and submit it in your browser's address bar . Follow the format of this example: http://tiny.cc/link_demo~
Stats are logged by default for registered users. See Tools for more details about stats pages and link metrics.
Edit LinksDid your web page URL change? Tiny lets you modify or change URLs anytime. Click "Edit" to update either the long or tiny portion of the link. NOTE: if you tested your updated URL and the destination seems unchanged it is probably due to your browser's cache. Your browser takes shortcuts to perform faster. Rather than check the tiny.cc site to verify if anything with the link has changed since its last use - the browser assumes it has not... grabs a previously written copy and redirects using your computer's local storage - bypassing tiny.cc servers (and incidently bypassing stats collection). In other words the link works fine for others who click it, but just currently not for you, until you clear your cache. Try clearing your browser cache and cookies
Make a custom URLIf nothing is entered into customurl box, the default tiny url created will be 6 random characters. But you have the option of entering chosen characters or a keyword into this box to give the URL an alias or nickname (alpha-numeric characters, underscores, and dashes are allowed). Example, you are shortening a news article link and to make it easy to remember you enter "BBCnews" into the customurl box after pasting the long news article address into the box above it. The URL that results is http://tiny.cc/BBCnews.
• Custom URLs are case-sensitive - if you make it with capital letters it must be used with capitals. If you duplicate a custom URL (using same characters, but with case differences only) and it appears to have not worked; it may be due to earlier link testing that you did with your browser. See browser cache details above under Edit Links.
NOTE: there is a 25 character length limit for any custom URL... go beyond that and your link will not work as you expected. It will be cut-off at 25 characters!
Preview linksConcerned about blindly clicking a Tiny URL due to chance of it hiding a virus, spyware or otherwise offensive material? Just add an equal sign to the end of any short tiny.cc URL... as in this example: http://tiny.cc/u69qrw= A preview page lets you safely see the address of that destination in its full, expanded form before actually visiting the site. And a mouse-over this icon will show a thumbnail snapshot of the destination page. Still unsure? Click "scan this link for malware first" button to see real-time results of nine different types of possible threats.
AccountsAccounts store copies of your links. If you Tiny'd something but forgot to login first - it's not too late to claim it. As long as URLs are still on the Tiny home page (in Recent URLs area), a login will pull them into your account.
• Trouble with login? Try clearing your browser cache and cookies Also remember that username is different than your email address. Email addresses are not used for login. To reset a password (click in upper right corner). To change your password or update your email address click "Edit profile" on your Manage account page. To log out of your account click in upper right corner. Usernames can't be changed.
• Current limits are 1000 URLs per account, but you can have this increased. Also, if you generated lots of one-time useage, "disposable URLs" that can now be recycled - we can do a bulk removal for you. Let us know.
QR CodesQR Codes (mobile barcodes) are links that a mobile phone can recognize and automatically click on. Any regular URL can be changed into a mobile URL. To generate a QR Code from a newly made Tiny URL - click Get QR on home page (Recent URLs) or alternately, append /qr to any previously made tiny.cc URL. Tiny QR Codes are dynamic, meaning you can change the QR landing page anytime after the QR Code has been printed or distributed simply by editing of the destination URL from your tiny.cc account. For example generate qr codes for business cards.
• Manage all of your QR's right in your tiny.cc account and tell at a glance which URLs are being used in QR Codes. Click Tag tab and check box next to "Mark this URL as a QR Code", then click Update Note. This puts a QR icon in your link list - making it a snap to identify the QR Code URLs in your account.
• Our default QR is 150px. Need a larger one? Click the "Print QR" button to get 500px. It will print out at 500 px or you can also cancel the print and Save Image As...
• You can switch the error correction level between L (7%), Q (25%), H (30%). L is the default and lowest dots per inch (DPI). For business cards and most other situations L will work fine. For customizing you will need a higher level of error correction. See Tools for more details about customizing QR codes with images or text.
ReferrersThis is a click statistic that tells you exactly where your traffic came from. No more guess work. Your account will display a top 10 list of websites where visitors found and clicked your Tiny links.
Not seeing referrers for your tiny URLs? This option is available only to registered users and you must enable referrer tracking in your profile before it will function. To enable or disable referrer tracking go to your account Manage page and click on edit profile >>
Traffic filterLogin to apply a custom traffic filter to any of your links.
Example 1: marketing aimed exclusively at users of mobile devices in the United Kingdom. The easiest filter set-up would be: checkbox "GB" under locations, "Mobile" under operating systems and "Include Only" - then click Add filter.
Example 2: prevent traffic from China and France from clicking your link. Rather than marking all countries except CN and FR... simply checkbox CN, FR and "Block" - then click Add filter.
Is your marketing campaign meant for certain languages or otherwise geotargeted? This means you might be wasting autoresponder resources, losing affiliate sales or time spent weeding out prospects. Decide who sees your link by adding customized web filtering. Traffic filter doesn't give you any extra clicks then your promotions normally generate, it simply changes who is allowed to click-through your links.